Folster Gardens is committed to operating a superior bed and breakfast accommodation within tranquil natural surroundings in a socially and environmentally responsible manner.
At Folster Gardens B & B we are reducing our energy demand by growing most of our own vegetables, fruit,meat and eggs. All other produce is made by freinds or sourced locally where possible.
- We use energy efficient light bulbs
- We recycle all glass, plastics and tin
- We collect and use rainwater thereby reducing the demand on local groundwater
- We have a grey water system
- We plant trees and shrubs which encourage wildlife and have a behive which provides us with honey
- All cleaning products are eco-sourced
- We undertook Environment Southland and WasteNet's Business Sustainability Programme
- This year we have started using Global Saop from Nelson http://www.globalsoap.co.nz. All their products are sourced from green label products , no artfical colour or perfumes. I have used them myself for years . Love how they make my skin feel.
- We are involved in restoring O Kora Wetland with local Iwi
- Trev uses everything at least 3 times
- Jeffery has 3 hives on our property , the honey is delicous